Have you ever found yourself unable to remember the name of one of your prospects?
Do you regularly spend tens of minutes looking for their contact information?
Are there several of you in your company contacting the same customers or prospects and needing to have them repeat what they told your colleagues?
If the answer is YES then you need a CRM!
CRM or Customer Relationship Management:
As a reminder, the CRM (Customer Relationship Manager) is a tool that allows you to manage your customer relationship from A to Z.
We had already written an article allowing to understand in depth the notion of CRM and its complexity.
Because the tool offers a plethora of features such as:
- Storage and organization of prospect/customer information.
- Management of prospecting, marketing, reminders, and customer relations (RC).
- Possibility of teamwork thanks to a collective platform.
- Analysis tools on your CR management.
Thus, CRM is a true solution covering several key areas (customer support, sales analysis, marketing campaign management and sales force management) for companies that want to :
- Improve their sales performance.
- To know exactly the customer portfolio.
- Organize your sales force.
- Save and optimize your time and productivity in the search for a customer or information and thus be able to devote more time to your commercial activity.
However, today there are a multitude of CRMs that can make you hesitate in your final decision.
The right CRM is not necessarily the one that offers the most features. It is the one that has all the essential features you need to achieve your goals.
So how do you find the right CRM?
First of all, as an introduction, you should know that there are two types of CRM software in the market:
- Outsourced software, without installation and accessible online (SaaS) such as Salesforce, Zendesk, Zoho. Your data is stored on the cloud and you access the platform via a login + password.
These online programs are easily accessible through an internet connection.
- Internalized software, to be installed, with purchase of license. Your data are stored on your servers or hard disks. The installed software is accessible in offline mode. The initial investment (purchase of the license) is higher, but is quickly amortized.
So in order to choose the right CRM you must ask yourself about :
- The nature of your business:
Is your business B2B or B2C? Because a CRM adapted to B2C is not necessarily ideal for B2B and vice versa!
- The type of structure of your company:
Indeed, the right CRM will not be the same if you are a SME, VSE (Pipedrive, Hubspot, Zoho) versus an ETI or a GE (Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, Oracle etc.)
- Your needs and objectives as a company:
Define your strategy and therefore your needs in terms of Customer Relationship Management tools:
- What are the key steps and actions to be taken?
- How can you improve the profitability of your sales process via a CRM?
- The number of users needed and the budget you want to spend per user.
- The CRM that best integrates with your existing technological environment:
Indeed, opt for an ergonomic interface that will integrate with your information system and the various digital tools of your company.
Let's take the example of LinkedIn for B2B companies. This social network is a real pandora's box for prospecting. Being so indispensable for some companies, they must make sure to have a CRM offering a more fluid interface with LinkedIn than others.
The same goes for messaging tools. Indeed, some CRMs put more emphasis on a messaging tool than others.
Therefore, a flexible interface is also a criterion to take into account!
- The availability of an RGPD functionality in your CRM:
Indeed, some CRM software allow to perform certain tasks more than others:
- Delete a customer from your database if the customer asks you to.
- Or be able to generate an electronic report on all of your customer's data if they request it.
Without some specific RGPD features your company is at risk of non-compliance.
Get free support to find the right CRM!
As you will have understood, finding the right CRM is a long road full of pitfalls that can become a walk in the park if you take the time to calibrate your approach and take the necessary time to audit your structure from start to finish.
Being aware that time may be running out for you because of your business and your growth, we have created a questionnaire that allows you to create a first shortlist of CRMs adapted to your needs in a few minutes only!
Don't wait any longer to answer them!